Dear Kenneth Burke Society Members:
I would like to share with you the call for papers for the KB interest group for the 110th Eastern Communication Association Annual Conference (April 10-14, 2019 in Providence, RI). You can reach it from this direct link: https://goo.gl/mkLRyU
The deadline will be October 15, 2018 by 11:55p.m. Please make sure that you share it with your colleagues and other interested individuals. According to latest record that I have we had 31 people who registered as a KBIG members, unfortunately this is a decrease two year in a row – We had 47 and 35 members respectively in 2016 and 2017. I will post the call and promote it as much as can do the CRTNet and Kenneth Burke Society website, as much as I can. However, I believe, we as members can ourselves do some direct and personal promotion to raise the number back to 2016 level.
Our minutes from the past conventions and some additional information about the KBIG is available also on the ECA website. You can see it here: https://goo.gl/mFE5eb. Please scroll down to find our interest group and click on it to see the documents and information.
Please do not hesitate to email me if you have any questions or concerns.
All the best,
Cem Zeytinoglu, Ph.D
ECA Kenneth Burke Interest Group Call for Papers
The Kenneth Burke Interest Group invites submissions for the 110th Eastern Communication Association Annual Conference (April 10-14, 2019 in Providence, RI). While all papers and panel proposals shall be considered, those that address the conference theme will be particularly welcome. Submissions may include competitive papers or panels.
The use of AV equipment is not recommended unless it is necessary for the presentation of the content.
Submission deadline: Your submission must be sent to Cem Zeytinoglu (Kenneth Burke Interest Group Planner) by October 15, 2018 by 11:55p.m. EST at the following email address: email@example.com
Please save your paper/panel proposal as a Word Document and email it as an attachment with “ECA KB Interest Group Submission” in the subject.
For competitive papers, please include
- a detachable title page with the title of the paper and the author’s institutional affiliation, mailing address, telephone number, and email address. If the paper has multiple authors, please indicate who will be presenting at the convention,
- The word “Debut” marked on all papers written by authors who have not presented previously at a regional or national convention,
- a 200-word abstract on the second page,
- a statement of professional responsibility on the second page.
- If the paper has multiple authors, please indicate who will be presenting at the convention.
For panel proposals, please include
1) a thematic title for the program,
2) names of the chair and respondents (if any). Chairs should not also be designated as respondents, 3) names, mailing addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and institutional affiliations of all participants,
4) titles and 150-word abstracts for each paper or presentation,
5) a program copy (no more than a 75-word description) as it should appear in the final program,
6) a detailed rationale for the program/panel, and
7) a statement of professional responsibility.
Please note that if your submission is accepted, you are expected to attend the conference and deliver your presentation. If you do not plan on attending the conference, then please do not submit your work. All submissions must include the following Statement of Professional Responsibility:
Statement of Professional Responsibility
In submitting the attached paper or proposal, I/We recognize that this submission is considered a professional responsibility. I/We agree to present this panel or paper if it is accepted and programmed. I/We further recognize that all who attend and present at ECA’s annual meeting must register and pay required fees.
Please notice that you can also request special scheduling due to religious or cultural needs should submitting papers, panel proposals, etc. I will then forward the special request to the primary program planner, Katherine S. Thweatt.