[KB] Sad News

Greig Henderson ghenders at chass.utoronto.ca
Sat Feb 1 13:43:58 EST 2020

Ed Appel was a mainstay of all the conferences.  Idiosyncratic and
persistent, he was an independent scholar in the best sense of the term.
And he was generous.  Whatever you sent to him, he not only would read
critically but also would provide astute commentary.  He had that "attitude
of methodical quizzicality toward language" that characterizes the best of
Burkean readers.  It's hard to imagine a conference without him.  He will be
missed.

Greig