[KB] Questions for discussion at my panel

Cox, Carrol cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Jun 24 13:17:00 EDT 2017

One of Marianne Moore's poems contains the phrase (from decades-old memory) "Burke's acute raccoon like curiosity" (probably not exact). It was that quality of Burke which led me to read and reread the Grammar and Literary Form back in the '50s. It seems to me that discussion on this list often seems to circumscribe that quality in his work. The phrases "off topic" and "Kenneth Burke" do not belong in the same paragraph.

Carrol