[KB] Questions for discussion at my panel

Miriam Clark clarkmm at auburn.edu
Sat Jun 24 14:10:20 EDT 2017

http://www.poetrynook.com/poem/picking-and-choosing

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 24, 2017, at 1:18 PM, Cox, Carrol <cbcox at ilstu.edu<mailto:cbcox at ilstu.edu>> wrote:

One of Marianne Moore's poems contains the phrase (from decades-old memory) "Burke's acute raccoon like curiosity" (probably not exact). It was that quality of Burke which led me to read and reread the Grammar and Literary Form back in the '50s. It seems to me that discussion on this list often seems to circumscribe that quality in his work. The phrases "off topic" and "Kenneth Burke" do not belong in the same paragraph.

Carrol