[KB] Charlottesville and Burke

Edward C Appel edwardcappel at frontier.com
Thu Aug 17 11:40:28 EDT 2017

Or,
"I should contend, therefore, that the dialectic process ABSOLUTELY MUST be unimpeded, if society is to perfect its understanding of reality by the necessary method of give-and-take (yield-and-advance)."  PLF 444.
A ponderable contribution to the debate is, "The A.C.L.U. Needs to Rethink Free Speech," by K-Sue Park of U.C.L.A, NYTimes.com, today.
The greatest impediments to free speech, in my view, are voter suppression and the gross gerrymandering of the House, Senate, and presidency. Can''t do anything about the Senate. Why Democrats aren't sceaming bloody murder about two less-than-a-plurality defeats for the presidency in 16 years, and built-in majorities for Republicans in states like PA (13 to 5 Republican delegations, no matter which party gets the most House votes)  beats me.
Actually, it doesn't. The Democrats' seats are safe, too. Who cares who runs the country!

Ed