[KB] Burke, Deacon, and Theology

Edward C Appel edwardcappel at frontier.com
Sat Mar 7 00:12:46 EST 2015

However, Carrol, thinking in terms of those implicit relationships is precisely what the symbolic species does, almost by compulsion, Deacon asserts, and explains.  (Later, on the explanation.)  As Deacon puts it, symbolizers live cognitively and emotionally in a "bi-layered world."

Back to my comment about Burke, Christianity, and hell.  Didn't Jack Selzer and Rosa Eberly visit Burke shortly before KB's death, sit with him around the kitchen table, and hear him mumbling something about how there is no heaven, only hell?  Selzer and Eberly published about the visit, can't think of the journal in question.

Whatr about it, Jack?  Am I close to being correct in this recollection?

Ed