[KB] Honoring the work of Jim Klumpp at ECA 2015

Jean Miller jcmiller at gwu.edu
Thu Mar 5 13:51:13 EST 2015

I am pleased to announce that a special program entitled, "On Deliberation
and Democracy:  Honoring the Work of James F. Klumpp,” will be presented at
the 106th Annual Eastern Communication Association Convention to be held
April 22-26, 2015 in Philadelphia, PA. This program will be co-sponsored by
the Kenneth Burke, Rhetoric and Public Address, and Argumentation and
Forensics Interest Groups, as well as by the Vice President.  The panel
will take place at 8 AM on Saturday, April 25th, and will be followed by
the Kenneth Burke Interest Group business meeting at 9:30.

The conference theme, “Deliberation:  Philadelphia,” is particularly
relevant to those of us interested in Kenneth Burke’s theories of social
relations.  We will also have other outstanding panels of interest to
Kenneth Burke scholars taking place throughout the conference:

“A Burkean Study of Deliberation:  Media as Social Commentary”  Thursday 2
PM

“Deliberating through Recalcitrance:  Kenneth Burke and Symbolic
Constructions of Humanness”  Thursday 3:30 PM

“Top Papers in the Kenneth Burke Interest Group”  Friday 2 PM

“Kenneth Burke and Deliberative Rhetoric:  Where is Burke when we need
him?”  Saturday 12:30 PM

I hope many of you will consider joining us for what promises to be an
excellent convention.  Full information can be found on ECA’s web site:
http://www.ecasite.org/aws/ECA/pt/sp/p_Home_Page  When you register, please
designate the KB Interest Group as one of your affiliations.

--
Jean Costanza Miller, Ph.D.
Dept. of Organizational Sciences and Communication