[KB] "Trivial Repetition," "Dull, Daily Reenforcement"

Edward C Appel edwardcappel at frontier.com
Sat Sep 20 15:45:57 EDT 2014

Clarke,

So, I should open, or should have opened, a "political consulting firm"?  If I listed in a post on kb all the things I "should have done" in life, it would bring me to tears.

Bob,

Great post!  You're right on the money on the debt thing.  Strategically, this debt impasse is exactly what Reagan insiders say was the goal of that purposively destructive regime from the start.  I hear zero Democratic voices calling it out for what it plainly was and what it continues plainly to be.  And no wonder!  These nonentities have gone along with the scheme, or just ignored it, for three decades.

On a more "trivial," but related, note, name one Democrat who has objected, even politely, when a Republican has hurled the insult "Democrat Party" at him or her in a debate or dialogue.  I can't cite one.  Democrats are like the species of spider that allows a wasp to crawl all over it before killing it and laying its eggs on the spider's belly for sustenance.  What incredible whimps.

I surely  don't object to Obama's caution in going to "war" or whatever against ISIS.  But why can't he hammer these flame-throwers on the right for their grossly unearned opportunism?  McCain has no more credibility than Cheney to lecture any Democrat on war and peace.  Obama's proved to be an exceedingly weak presidential polemicist.

Ed