[KB] New Issue of KB Journal / Website Updates

David Blakesley david.blakesley at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 10:08:15 EDT 2023

Dear Burkelers:

I'm pleased to publicly announce the latest issue of *KB Journal*! The
issue has been online for a month or more, but I've waited until now to
make the announcement, which I'll explain in a moment.

The contents of this issue are below. Please read and share widely!

*Website Update / Pulling Back the Curtain*
The journal's website is now up-to-date with the latest version of Drupal
7. Until recently, we have been experiencing major malware attacks (as many
such websites do these days, unfortunately). If you went directly to the
site, it worked fine. But some people noticed that clicking on a Google
search link took you to somewhere else entirely. That problem seems to be
fixed now, but it is a constant battle and has taken many, many hours to
handle. (This is probably more info than you need to know, sorry!)

To prepare KBJ for the long haul, I need to make some more changes to the
site, including updating its design. It may look different at times in the
next couple of months as we update its design theme and prepare for a
migration to a new, robust Wordpress site later this year.

Cheers,
Dave

KB Journal 16.1 (Winter 2023)

[image: nuclear detonation]
*KB Journal* Editor: David Blakesley
Associate Editor: Rochelle Gregory

   - A Flash of Light to Blurred Vision: Theorizing Generating Principles
   for Nuclear Policy from *The Day After Trinity* to the Year 2021
   <http://kbjournal.org/hunter> by Cody Hunter
   - Kenneth Burke’s Late Theory of History: The Personalistic and
   Instrumentalist Principles <http://kbjournal.org/feehan> by Michael
   Feehan
   - Kenneth Burke and the Gargoyles of Language: Perspective by
   Incongruity and the Transvaluation of Values in *Counter-Statement*
and *Permanence
   and Change* <http://kbjournal.org/cox> by Jeremy Cox
   - A Survey of the Diverse Historical Uses of the Circumstantial Terms
   from Homer to Kenneth Burke and Beyond
   <http://kbjournal.org/prelli-anderson> by Lawrence J. Prelli and Floyd
   D. Anderson
   - A Technological Psychosis: The Problem with “Overfishing” in the
   Magnuson-Stevens Act <http://kbjournal.org/gulbrandsen> by Karen
   Gulbrandsen
   - The Morality Martyr Homology <http://kbjournal.org/perks> by Lisa
   Glebatic Perks
   - Slaying the Vile Beasts Within: Theorizing a Mortification Mechanism
   <http://kbjournal.org/anderson-mcclure> by Floyd D. Anderson and Kevin
   R. McClure
   - Review: *Philosophical Turns: Epistemological, Linguistic, and
   Metaphysical * <http://kbjournal.org/henderson-wess-review>by Robert
   Wess. Reviewed by Greig Henderson

*The cover image is a screenshot from David Lynch's *Twin Peaks, *"The
Return, Part 8" or "The Last Evening."*
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Part_8_(Twin_Peaks)>