[KB] ECA Kenneth Burke Interest Group

Cem Zeytinoglu czeytinoglu at esu.edu
Sun Mar 7 17:56:29 EST 2021

Greetings Kenneth Burke scholars!
I hope this finds you all well. As you might probably know, 2021 Eastern Communication Association Conference will take place as a virtual event between Wednesday, March 24 and Sunday, March 28, 2021 with the fitting theme, Resilience.
The Kenneth Burke Interest Group business meeting will be held on Friday March 26 at 4:30 PM. I would like to encourage everyone to join and contribute taking part in the leadership of the interest group. It is very important for the interest group to maintain a good standing at ECA. Also, please encourage your graduate students to attend and participate.
2021 ECA conference program and registration information is available here: https://ecasite.org/aws/ECA/pt/sp/convention_home
In addition, Kenneth Burke Interest Group will have the following event on Saturday March 27 between 3:15 PM to 4:30 PM:
Resilient Teaching: Integrating Kenneth Burke into the Classroom
Sponsor: Kenneth Burke Society
Chair: Matthew P. Mancino, Indiana University South Bend
Presenters:
   Bryan Crable, Villanova University
   Cem Zeytinoglu, East Stroudsburg University
   Richard H. Thames, Duquesne University
   Elvera Berry, Roberts Wesleyan College

This panel celebrates the resiliency of Kenneth Burke's rhetorical theory. Panelists announce the possibilities of Burke's work in the twenty-first century and review strategies for integrating Burke into undergraduate and graduate courses. We hope that you can join us.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions of concerns.
Stay healthy!
CZ
Cem Zeytinoglu, Ph.D
Professor, Department of Communication
Office: Monroe Hall 316 - MW 1-3 PM & TuTh 4-5 PM,
& Fridays by appointment only.
Phone: 570-422-3911 - Fax: 570-422-3402
Editor, Pennsylvania Communication Annual
Chair, PCA Poster Sessions
Chair, ECA Kenneth Burke Interest Group
Faculty Adviser, PRSSA ESU
Chair, Communication Department Scholarship Committee
Co-Chair, Provost’s Colloquium Committee
East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania
East Stroudsburg PA 18301-2999