[KB] Just published: KB special issue of Literature of the Americas

Bryan Crable bryan.crable at villanova.edu
Thu Jan 14 13:11:54 EST 2021

Hello, friends and colleagues—

I just wanted to announce an exciting bit of news: the introduction of Kenneth Burke to Russian literary scholars!

The most recent issue of the journal Literature of the Americas has a special section focusing on Burke and his work. The journal is edited by Prof. Olga Panova at the A.M. Gorky Institute of World Literature of the Russian Academy of Sciences, and is open-access, so it is readily accessible by all those interested in Burke’s work.

The issue consists of new essays (English-language) by a number of well-known Burkeans—including an essay by Clarke Rountree on the origins of the KBS—but also features an essay in Russian by a Lithuanian scholar, as well as a Russian translation of Burke’s “Revolutionary Symbolism in America”—prefaced by Olga’s essay discussing the Soviet reception of Burke’s speech, drawn from archival research. (The last of these is enough to prompt me to try and learn Russian!)

There’s lots to be excited about here, I think, and so hopefully you all will check it out. To access this issue, please visit one of these links:
http://litda.ru/index.php/ru/nomera-zhurnala/370-9-2020 (Russian version)
http://litda.ru/index.php/en/issues/371-9-2020   (English version)

You can download articles and/or the full version of the issue.

Best wishes to one and all as we move forward into this new year—

Bryan Crable

--
Bryan Crable, Ph.D.
Professor of Communication/Rhetorical Studies

Department of Communication
Villanova University
800 Lancaster Ave.
Villanova, PA  19085-1699 USA