[KB] Trump question

wessr at oregonstate.edu wessr at oregonstate.edu
Tue Oct 23 00:30:51 EDT 2018

If I could I'd bring back Ann Richards from the dead to run against Trump.

Just imagine what she would do if Trump hovered over her the way he
hovered over Clinton in one of the debates.

I think she could even get some of his base to laugh at him.

He used humor to reduce some of his opponents to little objects of
humor ("low energy Jeb," "lyin' Ted"). Too bad the Democrats can't
come up with someone to return the favor.

Trump has a formula for reinforcing identification with his base:
       -do something that outrages elites
       -elites express their outrage on TV
       -his base laughs at the elites

Maybe the rhetoric of humor is an area to research for things that
might work against Trump.

Bob