[KB] Trump question

Camille K. Lewis queenlewis at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 13:39:10 EDT 2018

All I have are previous examples from the last 100 years.

When Athens, Georgia's own Andrew Cobb Erwin spoke out against the Klan in
1924, he was the beginning of the trend to distrust the cloaked violence of
the KKK.

When D.C. Stephenson, the Grand Wizard of the KKK in Indiana, was tried and
convicted for *chewing* a woman to death--a woman he had kidnapped and
moved across state lines--the Klan membership in Indiana dropped sharply.

When Superman fought the KKK on his radio show and little children started
playing "G-men vs. Klansmen" instead of cops-and-robbers, the Klansmen's
egos were bruised and they started to lose interest in the secret group.

These are just three examples I can remember off the top of my head, and
the last one is likely more urban legend than fact. I do somewhat collect
these examples for my own scholarly project in dismantling another white
supremacist's hold on a particular "tribe" in the American South. It feels
like a field of kudzu and saw briar for me. We all have to pull up our
share and eventually the field will be cleared.

Just some Monday morning thoughts as I avoid grading. . . .

Camille K. Lewis, Ph.D.