[KB] ECA Call for Papers for the KB Interest Group

David Blakesley david.blakesley at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 09:21:38 EDT 2018

Greetings, Burkelers!

Cem Zeytinoglu sends this announcement of interest (below).

Cheers,
Dave

***

*Dear Kenneth Burke Society Members,I would like to share with you the call
for papers for the KB interest group for the 110th Eastern Communication
Association Annual Conference (April 10-14, 2019 in Providence, RI). You
can reach it from this direct link: https://goo.gl/mkLRyU
<https://goo.gl/mkLRyU> The deadline will be October 15, 2018 by 11:55p.m.
Please make sure that you share it with your colleagues and other
interested individuals. According to latest record that I have we had 31
people who registered as a KBIG members, unfortunately this is a decrease
two years in a row – We had 47 and 35 members respectively in 2016 and
2017. I will post the call and promote it as much as can do the CRTNet and
Kenneth Burke Society website, as much as I can.  However, I believe, we as
members can ourselves do some direct and personal promotion to raise the
number back to 2016 level. Our minutes from the past conventions and some
additional information about the KBIG is available also on the ECA website.
You can see it here: https://goo.gl/mFE5eb <https://goo.gl/mFE5eb>. Please
scroll down to find our interest group and click on it to see the documents
and information. Please do not hesitate to email me if you have any
questions or concerns.All the best,Cem Zeytinoglu, Ph.DProfessor,
Department of CommunicationMonroe Hall 316East Stroudsburg University of
PennsylvaniaEast Stroudsburg PA 18301-2999Phone: 570-422-3911 - Fax:
570-422-3402czeytinoglu at esu.edu <czeytinoglu at esu.edu> ECA Kenneth Burke
Interest Group Call for PapersThe Kenneth Burke Interest Group invites
submissions for the 110th Eastern Communication Association Annual
Conference (April 10-14, 2019 in Providence, RI). While all papers and
panel proposals shall be considered, those that address the conference
theme will be particularly welcome. Submissions may include competitive
papers or panels. The use of AV equipment is not recommended unless it is
necessary for the presentation of the content. Submission deadline: Your
submission must be sent to Cem Zeytinoglu (Kenneth Burke Interest Group
Planner) by October 15, 2018 by 11:55p.m. EST at the following email
address: czeytinoglu at esu.edu <czeytinoglu at esu.edu> Please save your
paper/panel proposal as a Word Document and email it as an attachment with
“ECA KB Interest Group Submission” in the subject.For competitive papers,
please include 1. a detachable title page with the title of the paper and
the author’s institutional affiliation, mailing address, telephone number,
and email address. If the paper has multiple authors, please indicate who
will be presenting at the convention, 2. The word “Debut” marked on all
papers written by authors who have not presented previously at a regional
or national convention, 3. a 200-word abstract on the second page, 4. a
statement of professional responsibility on the second page.If the paper
has multiple authors, please indicate who will be presenting at the
convention. For panel proposals, please include 1) a thematic title for the
program, 2) names of the chair and respondents (if any). Chairs should not
also be designated as respondents, 3) names, mailing addresses, telephone
numbers, email addresses, and institutional affiliations of all
participants, 4) titles and 150-word abstracts for each paper or
presentation, 5) a program copy (no more than a 75-word description) as it
should appear in the final program, 6) a detailed rationale for the
program/panel, and 7) a statement of professional responsibility.Please
note that if your submission is accepted, you are expected to attend the
conference and deliver your presentation. If you do not plan on attending
the conference, then please do not submit your work. All submissions must
include the following Statement of Professional Responsibility:Statement of
Professional ResponsibilityIn submitting the attached paper or proposal,
I/We recognize that this submission is considered a professional
responsibility. I/We agree to present this panel or paper if it is accepted
and programmed. I/We further recognize that all who attend and present at
ECA’s annual meeting must register and pay required fees.Please notice that
you can also request special scheduling due to religious or cultural needs
should submitting papers, panel proposals, etc. I will then forward the
special request to the primary program planner, Katherine S. Thweatt.*