[KB] Standing Group Status for KBS at CCCC

Ethan Sproat Ethan.Sproat at uvu.edu
Tue Jan 23 16:14:01 EST 2018

Hello Burkelers,

The short version of this email is this: I need to know who is both a member of KBS and a member of CCCC. If you are a member of both (or if you know a colleague who is a member of both), please reply to Ethan.Sproat at uvu.edu

This is the longer version:

I am the ongoing chair of the Kenneth Burke Society at CCCC Special Interest Group. We have an opportunity to apply for "Standing Group" status (which, if awarded, will begin with the 2019 convention). If KBS is able to receive Standing Group status at CCCC, then KBS will be able to benefit from the following:

"each Standing Group will be allotted one designated panel in addition to a business meeting at the CCCC Annual Convention, subject to the Program Chair’s approval."

KBS would, in effect, be able to host a panel in perpetuity at CCCC in a somewhat similar manner to how NCA hosts permanent Kenneth Burke panels (as I understand it). To that end, I'm taking care of all of the paperwork portion of the application process. I just need to know what names to add to my application--that is to say, I need to add the names of everyone who is a member of both KBS and CCCC.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me off-list at Ethan.Sproat at uvu.edu

Warm Regards,

Ethan

Ethan Sproat, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
Chair, Editing & Technical Communication Committee
Department of English and Literature
Utah Valley University
CB 402B, MS-153
801-863-5192
Ethan.Sproat at uvu.edu
http://bit.ly/SproatUVU

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email communication, and any attachments, may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the use of the designated recipient(s) noted at the top of this email message. If you are not a designated recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copy of this email message, its contents, or its attachments--or the taking of any action based on any part of this email communication--is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email communication in error, please destroy all copies of this email communication and any attachments. Also, notify the sender of the error by reply via email, via telephone, or in person so the sender's address records and/or email practices can be corrected.