[KB] Conversation Editing in Sum

Phillip Tompkins tompkinp at Colorado.EDU
Fri Feb 3 22:57:22 EST 2017

Ed,

    I’ve enjoyed your theorizing out loud.  And your note that daughter Beth just attended a convention in Denver.  And liked it.  Yes, it is too bad about that little fellow “ecology.”  We live in a loft in downtown Denver.  In all directions we see derricks and cranes erecting more and more stories.  We still love it here but your comments reminded me of one of Burke’s poems.

BUILDINGS SHOULD NOT BE TALL

Buildings should not be tall, that we be spared

The need to walk in gulches.  Of their pride

We are the squalor.  We the traffick-eyed

. . . .

Phil