[KB] anti-immigration rhetoric

Camille K. Lewis queenlewis at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 11:52:20 EST 2016

It's chilling. What's odd to our modern sensibilities is that it was like a
nostalgia picture. Think _Back to the Future_ in the 80s. The production
values for the time were remarkable. It did directly inspire an unemployed
alcoholic Methodist minister to resurrect the KKK 101 years ago on that
Thanksgiving Evening, right there on Stone Mountain.

So yes, it did set us back. Definitely. White people across the US -- not
just Southerners -- felt like they were honoring their (white, Nordic)
grandfathers by joining up. There were even Canadian KKK klaverns.

Don't get me started. ;)

Camille K. Lewis
http://www.drslewis.org/camille/
Check out my digital archive at wutbju.org!