[KB] anti-immigration rhetoric

Camille K. Lewis queenlewis at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 10:59:23 EST 2016

Woodrow Wilson's statement about "hypenated Americans" is considered
nativist. However, he made the statement in 1919 while in office:

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/wilsonleagueofnations.htm

Woodrow Wilson packed his cabinet in his second term with segregationists,
and he was a big fan of _Birth of a Nation_.

I think the case can be made that he was a nativist. His Treasury Secretary
and later son-in-law, William McAdoo, ran for the Democratic nomination in
1924, but he failed due to the overwhelming Klan support.

Camille K. Lewis
http://www.drslewis.org/camille/
Check out my digital archive at wutbju.org!