[KB] Burkean identification and Trump

Jim Moore jimmijcat at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 25 00:42:29 EDT 2016

All,

I'm no expert, but didn't Burke articulate this concept

with the notion of DIVISION being the always present

corollary of IDENTIFICATION.  When I say, "I'm a

Canadian, eh," I'm also saying, "I'm not Guatemalan,

or Russian or Czech or a U.S. citizen . . ." or any number

of possibly contraries.  Similarly, if one says "I'm not

for Trump" it doesn't necessarily say, "I'm with HRC,"

but it might say, in the context of this election, "My

division from Trump is greater than my division

from HRC," whose initials are bound to go do in history

like JFK's and FDR's, by the way.

Peace and tear down walls,

Jim