[KB] rhetoric, religion and war

Dave Spiech davespiech at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 23:04:18 EDT 2015

Here’s a pertinent book on the topic by a colleague of mine:

God and War: American Civil Religion since 1945

http://www.amazon.com/God-War-American-Civil-Religion/dp/0813552958

Yes, he is a historian, but he also addresses rhetorical themes, as this reviewer points out:

“God and War presents both topics via presidential policies and rhetoric, as well as the written works of public theologians and public intellectuals.”

https://thinkingthroughhistory.wordpress.com/2012/11/27/reflections-on-haberskis-god-and-war/

--David Spiech