[KB] Quick question re: Kenneth Burke and song

Weiser, Elizabeth weiser.23 at osu.edu
Fri Jan 23 16:32:59 EST 2015

Bob, Richard,

I believe you might be thinking about one of my favorites: "It is precisely because the authority of words cannot be delegated, we might add, that one must watch the 'poetry exchange' to learn what is really going on in the world. The usual 'parliamentary' method of gauging is . . . [when one] draws up a simple questionnaire . . . [and then] tabulates the results. . . . The future is really disclosed by finding out what people can sing about" (ATH 334–35).

Liz

Elizabeth Weiser, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Rhetoric
Newark Coordinator, Professional Writing Minor Internships
Department of English College of Arts & Sciences
The Ohio State University
1179 University Drive
Newark, OH 43055
740-366-9175