[KB] "Deacon"-structing Burke Part Whatever

Cerling, Lee cerling at marshall.usc.edu
Wed Nov 12 14:03:11 EST 2014

Yes; perhaps this is the point to insert the observation that I first saw made by David Hart, to the effect that people sometimes ask why the Greeks never developed any theology, to which the appropriate answer is, "They did.  It is called 'philosophy.'"  To that I'll just add the observation that Plato, for example, frequently has Socrates revert to the divine communication of the oracle at Delphi as the Ur-motive behind his philosophical life and quest.

Lee Cerling

Sent from my iPad