[KB] A Quick Note RE: "Deacon"-structing Burke Part Whatever

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Nov 10 22:30:30 EST 2014

It just occurred to me that "divinely inspired" does NOT construe itself,
and it is not only open to a number of different construals but in
historical fact HAS BEEN construed in many different ways. And, I think,
_many_ of those interpretations of the phrase allow large parts of the "Holy
Text" to be regarded as not binding. This, of course, is a regular "silent"
practice, but it is also, I believe, explicitly held by many theologians.

Carrol