[KB] Incomplete Nature

Edward C Appel edwardcappel at frontier.com
Thu Aug 7 16:27:22 EDT 2014

Hello, Ronald,

Thanks so much for your incisive and supportive response!  As you say, Deacon's very well received book not only opens a door for conversation between Burkeans/rhetoricians/literary scholars and anthropologists, even biological anthropologists like Deacon.  His book gives hope, if even a small one, of being a game-changer in the call for some hint of "conscilence" among the hard and social sciences and the humanities.  C. P. Snow voiced that hope in 1959.  E. O. Wilson echoed that cri de coeur in the late 1990s.

Thanks again, and enjoy your vacation!

Ed