[KB] KB Conference Deadline Extended

Paul Lynch plynch11 at slu.edu
Fri Jan 31 16:35:19 EST 2014

Colleagues:

We have received some great proposals for the KB Triennial this summer in
St. Louis, and it's shaping up to be an exciting conference. We're
especially pleased with this year's keynotes, Jodie Nicotra and Thomas
Rickert. See the attached flyer for details on their talks.

Because several people have asked for extensions, we've shifted the
submission deadline to *Friday, February 14, 2014.* For the conference
theme and submission guidelines, go here: http://www.kbjournal.org/kbs14.

In addition to individual proposals, we are also accepting panel and
seminar proposals.

Speaking of seminars, we have three wonderful seminars planned already,
including 1) The Problem of Substance; 2) Burke and Posthumanism; and 3)
the Burkean digital archive. The last of these will include discussion of
some of Burke's connections to St. Louis.

And if all that doesn't entice you, we're also planning an outing to see
your St. Louis Cardinals, winner of 11 World Series, take on the Dodgers.
Then there's the City Museum (http://www.citymuseum.org/site/), the Art
Museum, History Museum, and Zoo (http://www.mzdstl.org), Forest Park (
http://www.forestparkforever.org), and, of course, the Gateway Arch (
http://www.gatewayarch.com).